There are many fuel card suppliers working in the UK today. To identify which company would best be able to help you, we would strongly encourage you to follow our Six Golden Rules to find the best supplier and the best product to meet your individual needs:
- Demand savings of up 4p per litre on national average pump prices. Avoid any fuel card which does not offer discounts.
- Demand a choice of five or more cards. Avoid those suppliers, offering just one or two cards, who can not give truly impartial advice on the best card to meet your specific needs.
- Demand a dedicated, named account manager who always takes your call. Avoid any supplier who wants you to queue for a random call centre operator who knows nothing about your business.
- Demand regular reports, with customised alarms for fast notification of abnormal card use. Avoid any supplier who does not offer 24/7 online access to your account details.
- Demand good security, every individual card to be tied to a specific driver or vehicle, making it useless to anyone else if lost or stolen. Avoid any supplier whose cards are worth stealing.
- Demand access to a large, nationwide branded networks, such as BP, Esso, Shell, Texaco. Avoid any supplier who says that being able to refuel at any garage is more important than discounts.